Friday, February 6, 2009

End of an Adventure - -Amen!

Two weeks ago my younger daughter went away for the weekend. She left her car parked at my house just in case it snowed. I tried to move it while she was gone and had a terrible time. I thought perhaps I just didn't know how to use her gear shift. Anyway to make a long story short, when she came home it was clear something was very wrong with the car. I took her home, she came back the next day and arranged to have it towed. Since then, for two weeks now, I've been getting up extra early to drive over to her house by 7 AM and get her to her job at 7:18. This also meant a ride to class on Saturday morning, too. Many of these mornings have been very cold, well below zero. Today I finally picked her up at lunch time and took her the car repair shop where she got the car. Her tax refund arrived, too, so I didn't have to pay the bill either. I'm so glad to be back to doing nothing but getting myself to work now.

No comments: