Friday, May 14, 2010

Leaving for an Adventure

Shortly I'll be taking a train to Budapest and then flying to Targu Mures in Romania tomorrow. I'm going there to work with a University of Pecs doctoral nursing student who is presently unable to come to Pecs. I'm so looking forward to meeting her. She has arranged a very nice place for me to stay and also has arranged for a driver to pick me up at the airport. On Sunday she will show me around the city. I'm uncertain what my Internet access will be while I'm in Targu Mures.

Yesterday I got some Romanian currency. It is beautiful and unique. Probably to make counterfeiting harder, each bill has a transparent area. One can literally see through the opening. I suspect counterfeiting is present in Central Europe because I notice any bill larger than 1000 forints is put under a scanner to look for marks that emerge.

Time is passing quickly, particularly when a great adventure such as this suddenly appears.

No comments: