Saturday, November 13, 2010

Winter Arrives

Summer has ended in Minnesota. This morning I awoke to seeing snow out the window. The snow is one of those very wet and messy kind. It was nice to be able to stay at home all day and watch it out the window.
I tried to convince myself it would be good to get outside and walk for a bit. Walking was slow, it was hard to pull one's foot out of the snow for each step.
So on Wednesday I went for a walk quite comfortably in my shirt sleeves and on Saturday by the same area I find this!

Oh well, let's celebrate the first 12 days of November! Winter was inevitable.
And update: The first snow plow was out on the nearby street at 10 PM this evening. If one has to live in snow, Minnesota is the best place, and Saint Paul is even better. A snow fall is cleared in 24 hours from the start of the snow emergency. This snow fall didn't generate that, and emergency is perhaps an over-rated word. It means in this case a time when parking is restricted on streets until they are plowed. The news media will announce a snow emergency.  And as I write I see plows clearing the nearby 4 lane road that is pictured in the first photo above. 

No comments: