Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More than Solidarity -- A Thousand Years of Hungarian-Polish History

The National Museum in Budapest now has this exhibition. This seems right for me! As the program says: "How can two different people become such friends...St. Laszlo was born in Polish territory...Louis I of Hungary is recorded a joint ruler of the two nations...Hungarian Transylvania prince Istvan Bothori became one of Poland's most popular monarchs."

This exhibit starts with manuscripts, gold and silver coins, artworks, music, and verse from the late 800's and continues to the time now.

The poster above is outside of the museum.

I enjoyed the exhibition very much and learned a great deal.

Here's a photo of an old flag from a celebration of some sort.

In more recent history, there is an exhibit about the uprising in both Poland and Hungary in 1956. Below is a photo of photo of blood being sent from Poznan to Hungary after the Hungarian uprising. I also remember this uprising because it was on my birthday.

Last year is Poland I met a wise Polish man who told me that Poland and Hungary are brothers! That is right for 1000 years!

No comments: