Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Oh What a Day!

or maybe is my face red and embarrassed followed by smiling and happy. If there had been pictures with this post, those would have been selfies with those expressions.

Last night I could not fall asleep and just continued to read until almost 3 AM in the morning, for today, Tuesday, had nothing on the calendar. I woke up around 10 AM and decided to go to breakfast at an IHOP that I thought was doing a fund-raiser for a nearby children's hospital.

When I got there, I didn't see any info about the fund-raiser, but I did have a great late breakfast. Since I was so close to the Maplewood Mall, I decided to go there for a bit of shopping. I came home happy because one thing I found was windbreaker with a hood. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. This will be good for both my international travels and my volkmarches when I'm out in fairly warm weather and need something to counteract a bit of cool wind or a bit of rain blows up. This will save carrying an umbrella all the time.

Got home and went into my purse to pull out my cell phone to charge it -- No phone-- searched everywhere, and decided there was nothing to do but back track where I had been today.

Went first to the restaurant and at the podium told the attendant that perhaps I'd left a phone. He replied, "I will have someone here to help you in must a minute." Soon appeared Stephani, who had been a great waitress, and she had my cell phone in hand. She said, "I tried to run out after you, but I didn't know what car you had."

Recovering a cell phone so easily is a great feeling and I will probably go back to this same restaurant other times and ask if Stephani is there and leave some good tips!




No comments: