Sunday, December 27, 2009

Digging Out and Wringing Out Adventures

This is the headline from an article in the Saint Paul Pioneer Press today. The major snowstorm hitting our area turned to sleet and rain on Christmas Day. The area is now covered with 2 inch puddles of slush everywhere. Yesterday I went out looking for some computer handouts to help one of the African country managers for Global Volunteers (who went back to his home country with the first computer he has ever owned -- and with Internet available only 25 kilometers away!). I first went to drop a letter in a postal box and had to wade across the intersection. I decided this was ridiculous and continued on to the shoe store and purchased a new pair of boots. I thought perhaps I'd just pass this year, knowing I'm leaving January 25. It felt so good today to have boots with high thick heels as I wandered around the world today -- much better than wearing summer shoes! Give me snow anytime. These puddles of water everywhere are a pain.

No comments: