Friday, November 24, 2017

Rice Park

Rice Park sits in the middle of downtown Saint Paul. I think it must be one of the most beautiful squares in any American city. On the north is Landmark Center, on the west is the Ordway Theater, on the south is the main building for the Saint Paul public library, and on the east is the Saint Paul Hotel. It is a four-season destination.

Today my older daughter and I went there to see the Christmas lights.

 In the background one can see a glimpse of the main public library building, now named George Latimer, after a previous city mayor.

We were there at sunset time and saw the crescent moon above the library building.

And above is a view of the major Christmas tree for the city. There is another one in front of the Union Depot. Maybe one of these days I'll take my scooter down there for a picture too.

No comments: