Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter 2008



For me, Easter really symbolizes the start of spring and new life. It is very hard to find that spirit this year, with Easter being as early a date as it will ever be until again in 2228. Here's what my car looked like this morning. What really made this aggravating is that this is the third time in a week we've had overnight snow. Last evening all the walks were shoveled and the car was cleaned off.

I picked up my older daughter and we went to the Nicollet Island Inn. This is the first time I've been there and it will probably not be the last. On a snowy morning, it was wonderful to find complementary valet parking. Service was magnificent through every interaction. We had a lovely table overlooking a channel of the Mississippi River. On a scale of 1-10, the food was an 11! Every bite was wonderful.

My daughter wanted to drive around a bit -- she can't drive, so this is treat for her. We went exploring neighborhoods in which I knew there were condos for sale. What I found was that I didn't want to end up in any of those places -- a good thing to know.

Spring and new life will come soon. This hopefully will be only Dicken's Christmas snow Easter that I experience. Give me green grass and flowers !

No comments: