Sunday, October 12, 2008

Traveling Adventures


One of the joys of traveling for me is finding unexpected signs indicating destinations. I always feel like I'm far from home for example when I see a train schedule that include Moscow as a destination.

While working for the Minnesota Department of Health I occasionally had to travel to the very northwest corner of Minnesota. Up there it is common to see the road signs indicating it is 75 miles to Winnipeg. It always seemed strange to be working for the state of Minnesota but much closer to a major city in Canada than anything in our state.

I've attached a picture taken in Torun this summer. I found this at the end of a park. Part of the reason for this sign is that this Sweden city is a sister city of Torun. But seeing it made me feel like I wasn't in Kansas -- or even Minnesota -- anymore.

No comments: