Saturday, December 4, 2010

Parking Adventure

Today I picked up Dorota at her hotel and we went to Maplewood Mall, arriving about 9:45 or so. It was very easy at that time to find a place to park, close to a door. We agreed to meet at the door we entered at 1:00 PM. I got back about 12:45 and decided to take my packages to the car and get our coats that we had left in the car, so that they could warm up a bit. Much to my surprise, when I got to the car, there was one car in front of me, one car behind me, and one car on each side. The car behind was the problem, having parked behind me in what was really an aisle drive. I went back in to the mall and asked to have security called. After about 25 minutes we had it sorted out that there was nothing to do but wait until someone moved. The mall security said he would watch carefully. I gave him my cell phone number, and we decided to go to the food court and get some lunch since it was now about 1:30. When we were done, still no call. I said, "Let's give it 15 more minutes, " so Dorota went to check out a couple more stores. We decided to walk back and then that's when the phone rang with the news that one car had moved so I could get out.

I've surely never had anything like this happen before. Dorota later said it was funny,and I'm very glad she was good- hearted about it. Well she is going home with a new winter coat that she might not have found had we not been stranded for awhile.

2 comments:

Shaz said...

You would think Security would have broadcast the license numbers of the offending car/s and asked them to move! You could have been stuck for hours...

Lori said...

They did an announcement through the nearest store, but told me there was no way to do an announcement through the entire mall. I expect the shoppers parked there, walked through the store and were elsewhere.