Monday, December 13, 2010

It Was Big!

The snow fall over the weekend now ranks as the 5th largest snow storm ever and the largest one for December. My daughter and kids didn't realize school was called off. My granddaughter waited for a bus a long time and then went back home and called me. Her mom had gone to work at a school and taken her brother to his school. I tried to get my granddaughter to spend the day with me, but after it took me nearly an hour to drive one mile, I turned around and came back home. The problem was that the downtown streets are down to one lane and can carry much less traffic. We couldn't get a turn off left from Shepard Road because the people who could turn right kept the uphill lane totally clogged up. I've learned in future after storms to try a different route.

No comments: