Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter Arrives #2

We are in the midst of what the meteorologists around here call an Alberta Clipper. This is a fast-moving, very dry snowfall followed by cold weather. I'm so very glad I have only a 2 mile commute home from work on a day like this, and that none of that drive is on a freeway!
From my third-floor vantage point the snowfall is quite beautiful, particularly when I have an underground garage and no responsibility for shoveling the sidewalks.

I took the recycling down and then stopped at the mail room. I noticed from there the view out into the back area.


From my living room I look across the road and railroad tracks to the bluff wall. I always enjoy seeing the designs the snow makes in the blocks of the retaining wall.
Just another December day or rather night in Minnesota!

No comments: