Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Twas the Day after Christmas

and thankfully no misadventures. We awoke to find snow, not what I wished for driving, but by the time we left to return home the sun was shining. It did not last for the whole trip however. We saw a couple of serious accidents -- just the remains thankfully, and other cars in the ditches. However, all I had to deal with was washing the windshield about a 1000 times due to the wet, messy roads.

Elena was disappointed to get home and find she couldn't get into her house. We were both a bit puzzled about this. Never before had we encountered this problem. She went with me on a couple of errands and then we returned. The front door was open. We learned the house director had been outside in the back shoveling snow.

Christmas 2007 is now a memory. The special adventure was helping my great niece climb on a chair without hurting herself. Last year at this time she was being rushed to Cincinnatti Children's Medical Center, in need of a bone morrow transplant. Now she is walking everywhere, and can more than guard her special pink blanket from being snatched by her cousins.

And I have an adventure in gratitude. A Walmart gift card found its way to me. I do not care to shop at Walmart, but I'll go and try to find something special, for the person who gave this to me did so at a bit of sacrifice.

No comments: