Sunday, September 19, 2010

Views along the River

I decided to take a short walk along the river between 6:30- 7:00 before darkness. The first thing that attracted my attention was a tow boat along some of the stored barges. As I walked further downstream and from away from some trees, I saw a huge smoke ball.


I could hear the loud speaker system from the tow boat saying something about Robert Street. Just then a man came walking his dog, walking with his back to this. I called his attention to the view. His guess was a car accident or car fire. We could start to hear sirens, and then could easily see the red lights blinking on the road along the river rather than anything appearing to be happening in the river. In about 10 minutes the smoke dissipated.

Update -- a day later I drove along this road and saw a huge burned area on the concrete! 

My other view is of Echinacea. The seeds of this plant usually end up to be brown. But this one seems to want to be unique! Just a reminder we can all seek to be beautiful red-heads if we so desire.

No comments: