Friday, October 22, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

Yes, it's my birthday. Not a big celebration. Surprising work came my way and I expected a 12 hour day. It turned out to only be 10, but I was up at 6 AM doing work on my online classes and other tasks before I even went to work. I got up to print something while it was yet still dark and managed to knock off a very full cup of coffee on my living room carpet. After cleaning all this up I looked at a clock and realized I'd been working and also had now managed to wash the carpet and it was only 7:25. I stopped downstairs to get a cup of coffee and managed to spill some of that, too.

I got bumped in the parking lot while parking, but neither of our cars got any serious damage.

This evening I had to go to a business dinner. We parked in a ramp at which the restaurant honors the ticket and so one leaves for free. However, I managed to lose the ticket on the way to ramp, and had to pay the lost ticket price of $18.00!

I'm ready for a different day tomorrow!

However, there were kindnesses. I got a lot of nice wishes on Facebook and 9 of them had something to do with my volunteer work in Poland -- either Polish people I know or volunteers I met on service trips.

I'm very grateful that my life continues to expand with new friends.

No comments: