Monday, October 11, 2010

Back to Normal

Back to normal in many ways. First, I have completed the last piece of correspondence related to bureaucratic type problems that appeared while I was in Hungary. This last one relates to whether I should/could spend a health flexible account on two pairs of glasses.

Meanwhile at work I'm a bit over my head. The clincher was getting designated as the chair of a search committee. I didn't see this coming at all as I planned my fall work! I've done searches before, but this is the first time I've worked with one where all the materials for application are done online. Being very fair and making certain to practice all affirmative action tasks is difficult when applicants submit a cover letter outlining their qualifications for a different job!

The river is falling, but not yet back to the levels of mid-summer.


The tour boats are out again.

And I found this interesting reflection of the High Bridge.



On the other side of my building I get this beautiful view when I eat breakfast. The days are getting shorter and often it is now dark when I have dinner.

What's not exactly normal is the temperature. The past few days the temperature has been 80 during the daytime. I'm still wearing my flip-flops, and I've noticed a lot of other people are doing the same. I have the windows wide open in my apartment day and night. I can't make myself believe I should run the air-conditioner in October, but I'm sure I hear the units running from other apartments.

No comments: