Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Days

We have had two days of absolutely perfect summer days. Last evening I went for a short walk along the river trails, the first time I've done this since my return from Europe. The temperature was perfect with just a slight summer breeze. Splendid!

On rhe river I saw some enjoying a canoe ride. Hard to believe this photo comes from the middle of a major American city.


Others were coming home from a day on the river and returning their boats to the small marina across the river.


And some were doing work.


The flowers around the building are in their glory too.



Part of summer days is the fresh produce. Once on Polish Forum I read the European viewpoint that "only the poor people in the United States eat corn." I dissented, explaining how good is corn on the cob and everyone eats it!

Today I found this in the grocery store:


And turned it into this, which when joined by a hamburger sandwich turned into a very American meal after weeks and weeks of Central European food.
Corn of the cob on Polish Pottery!




No comments: