Saturday, November 16, 2013

Retirement is Tiring!

What does a retired Minnesota woman do on a November Saturday? Well, first of all I woke up at 6:30 ready to get back at doing some of the volunteer research that's on my plate. Read a couple of articles with a cup of coffee along side.

Then a few minutes after 8:30 I left for church and a pancake breakfast. I sat down at empty table and was soon joined by a couple that I have seen many times but never talked with. They turned out to be so interesting and we spent a good half hour talking about our various travels, our former careers. I really enjoyed myself.

This all preceded the annual meeting of the church. And this meeting didn't have anything that was contentious -- a lot of celebration actually at what has been accomplished over the past year.

When done, I headed for Baker's Square for lunch. Then off to the Colonial Church of Edina which was hosting the World Jubilee Sale. I was asked to be a 2 PM volunteer for  the Mano a Mano sales table. I got there about 1:15 actually and helped those volunteers so they could have a bit of break. Then it was all mine from 2:00 - 4:00.

 On the table there were table coverings, finger puppets, sweaters, scarves, coin purses, all sort of things, all from Bolivia.

A few minutes before 4:00 another volunteer arrived. When the sale was officially over, we packed up what wasn't sold and then had to carry one tote box after the other through a long hallway and then out the door.

On my way home I stopped at the airport post office and sent off a package to friend in Atlanta.

I got home ready to put my feet up. This was a great day, but I'm tired!

Remember readers -- it says at the top of the blog things can be mundane adventures, too. And I decided to write this because I have so many international readers -- thank you, thank you. Just wanted you to know how we live -- at least in Minnesota.


No comments: