Monday, January 21, 2008

Update on Squirrelly Adventures

A squirrel has been making its home in the basement. On numerous occasions I opened a window, hoping it would leave. It would be quiet for several days making me think I had been successful, and then again I would find signs it was still here. At work colleagues advised me to make certain it had no source of water, so I took the cat's water away, and let the cat drink only under my supervison. Still no sign of the squirrel thinking it would be a good idea to leave. So at last I went to Home Depot and bought a trap. I didn't think it would be good for the animal to be living in the warm house and then turned out in the sub-zero weather. But it tested my patience for the last time by tearing around in the kitchen overnight. So I baited the trap and within 12 hours had the squirrel caught. It seemed Ok with the idea, so I was planning to wait until tomorrow morning to let it go. However, this evening it got very upset -- just as information found on several web sites predicted would happen. So I took it for a ride and let it go along the Mississippi River Bank. Hope it is far enough away from here that it will not find its way back and find its way in again. Thus, hopefully ends the adventure with Mr. Squirrel. And I have a new skill -- trapping.

No comments: