Thursday, January 3, 2008

Making Lemonade

It's January 3 and about 20 degrees outside. Not the weather one usually associates the lemondade. However, this is a reference to virtual lemondade as in the phrase, "When you have lemons, make lemonade." On December 21 I had my car serviced and expressed concern because the battery light had been coming on for a couple of days previous to this appointment. I was told the battery was faulty and good news: It's still under warranty. This solution worked for 4 days and then the problem returned again. I was glad to get back home on December 26 without mishap or inconvenience. Then I went out of town for a few days to visit friends. Today I had to go back to work and not only go back to work, but "hit the road running" as my friend said when she learned about my schedule. I'm leaving the car parked in the garage until I can take it to the service shop again. I was out of the house at 6:30 AM to catch the bus and then obviously had to take the bus back home. Now where's the lemonade? It's that both trips were in the dark and what a lovely time of the year to do a trip in the dark. The decorative lights on the homes and in the parks are lovely. Even the shops look different when one is riding on the bus. The lights made an inconvenience a bit of a pleasure.

No comments: