Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pink Adventures

A few months ago my washing machine gave out. With plans to move, I decided not to buy a new one and simply use the laundromat for awhile. Not much fun in the winter obviously. I persuaded myself to go out this afternoon and get this chore done. Then on the way home I saw something that made the trip worthwhile. On the corner of Ford Parkway and Cleveland, a busy intersection in the Highland neighborhood of St. Paul, there on the sideway stands a big pink gorilla. A good news story includes who, what, where, why and how. Well, I can only tell you where and what. I certainly have no idea about the who, why and how!

And speaking of pink things. If you haven't found it, take a look at www.makeitrightnola.org
This gives all of us a chance for turning pink forms into houses for the people of New Orleans.

No comments: