Thursday, July 2, 2009

Visiting the Museum

Today my students and I visited a nearby museum that has an exhibition of art created by children. Here are examples of what we saw in a style that very much intrigued me. How is this English class? I asked each to select something to describe to me. For example, in this picture, the student knew parachute, but didn't know we call this sport parasailing in English in the U.S. We returned to read a story about learning from an elephant about finding one's center and then discussed how we each do this for ourselves. This should give readers an idea of the level of English that the students speak and comprehend. We finished with singing Polish songs and now I must go an do my homework in reviewing the lyrics to one so that I can sing it in Polish later this evening.

No comments: