Friday, September 2, 2011

Planning More Adventures

My new passport arrived yesterday, so now I can have global adventures until 29 Aug 2021. That does seem like a very long time from now!

However, I have one more adventure started. In May I will be going to Romania again, but this time to a slightly different location, Barlad. I didn't realize how close this was actually to Targu Mures, where I went in 2010, until I got some Romanian guidebooks yesterday.  My goal is to teach English in a school in Barlad for two weeks. I'm very glad to say I'll be trying to help Barlad because it doesn't get a single mention in the guidebooks that I have located for Romania. It is a very good example of the places that Global Volunteers works -- where they are invited and where there is a shortage of skill and labor, but where there are local people who know what they wish and dream to achieve.


No comments: