Thursday, September 29, 2011

All the Bad Stuff in One Day

Last evening my home computer got hit with some malware. I knew that using system restore is the thing to do, after having the same thing happening when  I was in Hungary. But the system restore didn't work quite right and I lost a lot of files. I got back three critical ones between 4:30 - 6:00 AM this morning -- that should give you an idea of what kind of night I had.

Then I went to meeting this morning and found some of my favorite courses may be cut out of the programs. I spent 6 weeks (no pay, volunteer time!) in the summer of 2009 creating one of the courses, and now we are cutting it out! The Dean asked if I was upset and I said it was a $25,000 course, because if I had had more time that summer I could have sold my house a year earlier and received more money for it. The only thing I can say is that is nice to have everything bad on one day.

No comments: