Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Walking Adventures

The blog has been quiet for awhile because I was certain no one wanted to hear complaints about my immense workload. Little by little some things get done.

Today I had a meeting in downtown Saint Paul, so I decided the best thing would be to take a bus to the office and then later take the bus again to the meeting, saving a huge parking fee. It takes me about 20  minutes to walk to a bus stop now. I walk about 5 blocks to a place where I can cross Shepard Road and the rail tracks. From there I enter the parking ramp for the Science Museum, take the elevator up 9 floors which takes me to the top of the bluff where the downtown area is located. From the Science Museum it is another three blocks, one of the blocks being walking through a lovely park.

After my meeting in the early afternoon the route needed to be done again. The first thing I saw coming out of the building where I had the meeting was a bit of the  new light rail track.


I kept walking towards the Science Museum and came upon a lovely view of the river framed between two buildings.

Near the Science Museum I saw a sure sign of fall or autumn as it is called in proper British English!
And in the Science Museum a sign of science!

Can't figure it out perhaps? It's a pterodactyl skeleton in the ceiling of the lobby area. The parallel lines are glass inserts in the ceiling.

It was indeed a lovely day for walking about, almost too warm for walking when dressed a bit professionally.

No comments: