Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lovely Saturday

What does one do on a lovely Saturday in the autumn? Work! About 75 of us gathered for a special seminar on the health care costs, health care reform, and the impact of those two concepts on business and the economy in the United States. All the presentations were very good and now it appears I may need to revise the final module in the Health Policy class for spring semester -- a task that may be a bit difficult because that is one of the files that disappeared during this past week's computer meltdown. (However, I may have found a place to get into the back-up files -- for awhile I kept getting a message I wasn't authorized to do so, but made it last night. Since I'm the only person who uses this particular computer I fairly puzzled about not being authorized to get into my own back-up files.)

We had lunch, a speaker, and then a panel discussion in the Great Hall at my university. This has two story windows that overlook the St. Paul skyline and the Mississippi River Valley.

After the event concluded I walked outside on the balcony and took a couple of photos.

This one faces north and catches a corner of the library building. Seventh Street is shown at the bottom of the picture.

Here is the view we enjoyed during the luncheon events. One can see a bit of fall color, but the peak has not yet hit this part of Minnesota. Last Saturday I had lunch with former colleagues from the Minnesota Department of Health. One used to travel the entire state and she remarked that one thing she missed was seeing the color change from north to south. She said, "Now I only get to see what's out the door at home."

No comments: