Saturday, October 22, 2011

Colors of Autumn

A walk in the late afternoon revealed many beautiful autumn colors.
This summer flower was found showing its face in a courtyard in a nearby condo complex.

These long stalks I think are mullen. My mother used to gather these and spray them gold and use them in winter holiday decorations.

Gold is a real autumn color.

And so are red leaves.

While walking I also found a sign of spring. Readers of this blog will remember stories of the Spring 2011 Mississippi River flood. My walk was on  a trail that was totally flooded when I left for Hungary in late April and still not ready for walking when I left to Poland in mid-June. Today I noticed the fence which showed the height of the river on this trail by the mud left behind on the fence.
Enjoy!

No comments: