Thursday, October 20, 2011

Walking around Wood Lake

My older daughter and I recently took a walk around Wood Lake. Wood Lake is in the suburb of Richfield, a suburb immediately south of Minneapolis. The entire lake is part of nature center, and just one of Minnesota's 10,000 lakes, but we know there are more. Wikipedia says that are 11,842 lakes that are 40,000 square meters or more (Americans-- that's 10 acres).

Our views were beautiful.

About half way around we encountered this wonderful little bouncy bridge.

On the north side of the lake we walked through a bit of a forested area. I found the sunlight on the trees to be interesting images. 

We've not yet had a hard freeze in this area, but flowers are becoming fleeting. Thus, we enjoyed these brave little flowers. Where I was raised we always called these Brown-Eyed Susans, but I'm sure they have a more formal name. 
Hoe you enjoyed this stroll around Wood Lake.

No comments: