Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lower Landing Views

In my last blog I wrote about how noncommercial the river looks out my door. That's because I live at Upper Landing where there really isn't much boat traffic.

About a mile downstream is the Lower Landing. The views there are a bit different.

I drive by this area every time I go to work. It is fun to see what may have appeared from the last trip. For the last couple days there have been four tow boats moored there. A couple are obviously doing maintenance -- my clue was the open paint cans!

Here is a close up of the Sierra Dawn. It is owned by the Admiral company.

I think the coiled ropes on deck look like art. This afternoon 4 members of the crew were sitting out on deck in the late afternoon sun. I asked them how they were enjoying Minnesota summer, since again today the temperature is in the lower 80s, (26 C).

Every day like this is one less day of winter! 

No comments: