Thursday, February 19, 2015

Spring is Coming??

This morning I woke up about 6:45 AM and amazing, there is some daylight at that time of day. My bedroom and living room windows both face east.

The sun is still rising in the southeast sky and so it is hidden from my view by other buildings in downtown Saint Paul.

The view above is more towards the northeast. The curved street on the bottom of the photo is I-35E entering into downtown Saint Paul.

Both of these pictures show steam -- condensed water vapor -- coming from chimneys. That is always a sign that it is really, really cold outdoors and that is true. This morning around 7:00 AM the outdoor temperature was -10 (-23C). When I came home last evening at 8:30 PM the temperature was just at 0. I'm heading to Florida on Sunday and right now even Florida is cold.

But soon the sun has to win, right???

No comments: