Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Adventures in Doing the Definitely Wrong Thing

Yesterday was a big class day for me. It starts with about half of the students doing an oral report about their practicum activities. There was a definite lack of preparation of this class. Some students who were assigned to afternoon groups came in the morning. Very few of them were prepared, and over time I've learned that it takes much longer for unprepared students to do this oral presentation than for prepared students to do it. We were to end at 10:30 and it was 11:05 when we got done. Meanwhile in another area, another half of the students were setting up their poster displays. Thank heavens I had arranged for our wonderful office secretary to greet the students and make sure everything was OK.

Anyway at 11:05 I grabbed everything and ran to the poster display. I put a coffee cup upright in my purse. Well a couple of wild hours later I discovered the coffee cup was now sideways and that it had not been empty as I thought. I also discovered even though I had it covered, it could still leak. So I spent several minutes in the afternoon digging wet paper out of my purse -- wet paper such as my check book and calendar. Definitely an adventure in doing the WRONG thing.

No comments: