Friday, November 16, 2007

Adventures in Doing the Right Thing

Yesterday morning I was busy mixing up cookie dough to make treats for the Friday Mano a Mano event. How fortunate to be home a bit later! I heard there would be a chance to recycle computers for free at the Mall of America. After a day of work I got home at 5 PM, and ran into the house and grabbed my old laptop which crashed the hard drive too many times and went to the basement and quickly grabbed one my daughter left when she moved out. Off to the Mall of America. I couldn't believe it! Traffic was descending from all four directions. I counted at least 20 semi-trailer containers. Containers along the driving area where piled high with old computers and some TV sets. It took me about 15 mintues to make my way through the line to the place to leave the computers. Ahead of me was a Grand Caravan, and when the doors opened to that, the whole thing was stuffed with computer equipment. I jumped out of the car and told the two men who came to help me that it was their lucky day -- only two laptops. They were quite pleased about their luck of draw, and helped me to the exit while that Grand Caravan was still unloading and unloading. This afternoon I got an e-mail saying the recyling had closed. It was scheduled to continue until tomorrow evening, but by mid-day today 75!!! semi-trailers had been filled with stuff. Can you believe it!

No comments: