Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Adventures in Perception or maybe Misperception

This evening I was at a reception given by the School of Public Health, University of Minnesota. I saw a colleague I had not seen since leaving the Minnesota Department of Health 6 years ago. He said, "How do you like retirement?" I laughed and told him that "for other than the 60-70 hours per week I'm working for another employer, retirement is great."

Then in the car I opened my wallet to get out some change to pay the parking ramp toll, and found the parking ramp lights making my Nordstrom silver-colored credit card glow in shades of red and green. I've had this credit card for years and this is the very time I learned there are dancers embedded into the card. Under those parking ramp lights, they were way cool!

No comments: