Sunday, March 20, 2011

Flood News 4

Here's the new graph of the river level. It's coming up!

Today the weather was fog and light drizzle, not very pleasant, but much better than a rain storm. However, while shopping I overheard someone speaking about how the wind blew and the rain came down last night, so I apparently slept through something!

Update: Monday morning -- the river is now at 7 feet, continuing to rise overnight. I took a short walk and could easily see from usual landmarks that the river is rising. Ice flows continue to go down river, too. Today, thankfully is dry, so a lot of water is moving south without any being added.

Saint Paul set up traffic markers this morning to shut down the Shephard Road, the main road outside my apartment. Glad I don't have to go anywhere early tomorrow morning. Despite the announcements in the news for the last several days, I'm sure many drivers will be surprised and the morning rush hour will not be pretty!

No comments: