Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flood News 2

Here is a video about flood preparations. I am sharing it mostly because the bulk of the video was shot "out the door" from where I live. This gives  you all on the other end of the computer a good idea of what I see when I head out for a walk.

Today our building hosted a flood preparation meeting for building managers. We all found a mailing from the city in our mail boxes about upcoming planning meetings for residents, including one that will have Somali translation since so many who live in the second building away from me speak that language.

My walk this afternoon shows the river still at the same depth as yesterday. A lot of snow in the immediate area is melting and the storm sewers are busy dumping water in the river. Whew! That much on its way south.

No comments: