Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break -- Day 1

Midnight March 7
I got really tired of the snow this year and decided to escape to the sun for a bit. I won't be able to do this next year as my older granddaughter plans to live with me to attend high school in Saint Paul while the rest of  her family moves to Richfield. We will have two different spring breaks. She will be in school while mine occurs and I have to be on duty days while she has spring break. The photo above is from midnight on March 7.  By 5 PM that day, Minnesota time, I had traded for this:
Port Orleans -- French Quarter Resort at Disney World

It was surely nice to cross streets without climbing over mounds of snow and to see flowers blooming. Ii had a room in Building 4 which is now refurbished. Others speak about the flat screen TV. What rather pleased me was how very comfortable was the bed. That is not a feature of all hotel rooms.

And speaking of features -- I found some Mouse Ears on a bed:



French Quarter is a take-off on New Orleans.


My first evening I took the boat to Downtown Disney.

Did your Tinker Toy set stand 10 feet high?
I enjoyed some ice cream and then wandered back to the hotel to rest. More about adventures coming soon!

No comments: