Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break -- Day 2

I started the day by going to EPCOT. The Flower and Garden Show has just started at EPCOT so there are many floral pieces to see. I began by taking the ride through Spaceship Earth. Then I went to the Land pavilion and got a Fast Pass for Soaring. It was for about 3 hours in advance so the next thing I did was do the ride through the gardens. There are always some new things -- or things I don't remember here.

Here is one way to grow lettuce:

I had breakfast and then still had time so I went over the Seas Pavilion. Here I especially enjoyed watching the seahorses.
Finally got the Soaring ride and it was awesome as always.

From there I went to the ride in Imagination. I'm still one of the visitors who think the original ride was much better. WDW had to agree with the controversy and bring back Figment.



I also saw a TV clip being prepared. I don't know where it did or will end up. The woman in the blue shirt is explaining how to make a topiary. Not only does it have to look good the first day, but it also has to accommodate the growth of the plants while the topiary is on display.
Here is a topiary of Beauty and the Beast found at the French Pavilion.

I went into this area because I had a reservation for lunch at Les Chefs de France. This is one of my favorite restaurants. I had lobster bisque, Quiche Lorraine, and creme brulee, along with a wonderful glass of Merlot.

I wandered over to the boat to Boardwalk and sat  in the hotel lobby for awhile and read. I had done a lot of walking and my feet were complaining! After a rest I took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then got the bus from there back to my resort.

But first before I end -- a beautiful spring image:

No comments: