Friday, June 10, 2011

Attending to the Mundane

I woke up at 5 AM and sat down at the computer and made the final adjustments on one of my fall courses. Now I'm done with that work.

Went back to bed for awhile and woke up again just about 9 AM. I got back on the computer and went to the credit union site again for my test run of the credit card came up with problems. This time it was easily fixed. The new card has a different expiration date than what is in the system. Who knew that if the expiration date is off by two months that the card won't work, even though this expiration date is out there is months for the year 2014.  (Later I went for lunch and used the card to pay and it worked !!!)

Next I booked the shuttle ride to the airport for Monday morning. Next call is to make an adjustment in my car insurance since it will sit there in the garage for 7 weeks. And next call was to make an appointment to get new renter's insurance -- new meaning with a different company. This turned out to be $20 cheaper for a year than my previous company was charging me. And nice to get the $20 because I'm also working on my apartment lease for next year and find I'm getting a $20/month rent raise.

But I've got a job and nice place to live and looking forward to some great adventures.

I started on the "print party" of printing out the e-tickets for flights and hotel reservations, etc. for the time my granddaughter and I will be Europe. No where could I find my e-ticket for the flight to Europe. I called LOT in New York and by simply giving them my phone number they found my ticket, gave me a confirmation code so I could get it myself on the Internet, and also sent me an e-mail with the e-ticket again. LOT doesn't have the fanciest planes, but the company surely does have good customer service.

No comments: