Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Credit Card Adventures

In April I wrote about my wallet being stolen. I got my cards shut down before anything bad happened and in a few days a new credit card arrived with a new number. I activated it as usual.

I used it for hotel charges while I was in Europe in May. On Monday in Duluth the hotel refused it saying the account was marked, "Hold and call." I got in touch with the credit union today and discovered somehow I got an account number for another member. That person had disputed the charges. Now the hotels in Europe will be paid and later this afternoon I go to the credit union for yet another new credit card. I love credit unions.With one of the big banks this might not have been straightened out for years!

P.S -- Later in the day I went to the credit union to pick up the card. The teller was gone for a long time and I was concerned there was a problem. Then she came back with the card and also three gift cards to use at Target to compensate for my problems. Oh, that's why I was asked if I shop at Target. I thought it was because she asked me to do one transaction before I left town to make certain the card is working OK. I felt worse for the person whose credit card number I was using by error since it was printed on my card! I hope that person got gift cards, too. 

No comments: