Saturday, June 4, 2011

Back in Minnesota

I've been trying to get back onto Minnesota time, and finally think I've done that. In between sleeping at odd times and taking naps which probably doesn't help to get back into a normal sleep pattern, I've been trying to get my fall courses all ready to go.

My daughter had an after work appointment and asked me to pick up my youngest grandchild from day care. She came running to me-- what a surprise! And right now I'm "Bama." When I got back to their place I found my grandson outside, locked out because he lost his key. My older granddaughter came home from school, and no luck there either. We decided to go to a nearby McDonald's until we could get caught up with to an apartment key.
 Here she is with her Chicken McNuggets. She got so much older in the month I was gone.

Meanwhile outside the door, I'm surprised to find the river is still in minor flood stage. This has been going on now since mid-March. However, that has not stopped barge traffic.

Immediately outside our door are barges tied up.

In the background of this photo is the familiar High Bridge.

In a few moments I'm about to leave for a night art festival which has at least one exhibit not far form here. This art festival is called Northern Spark and taking place after during the dark hours-- from 9 PM to 5:30 AM. Check back later to see what I may have found.

No comments: