Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Second Day in Zakopane

We did the first four hours of lesson yesterday. I have 4 very nice high school aged young women in my class. They show up for class while Najale is finding it hard to get up and out of bed and get there. I know what's it is like to be jet-lagged, but not what it might feel to be a teen-aged person with jet lag, since that age group needs much more sleep than I do.

We spent the first hour of class getting to know each other better. The second hour we reviewed some vocabulary related to shopping and then we went shopping. Naj and I came with only a small supply of necessities such as shampoo, so that I could carry more teaching supplies. So we hit Rossman, the place to buy things like that, and also wandered through an H&M store since that is of interest to at least an American teen-ager.

In the afternoon, Naj went hiking again.  And again the views they saw look lovely.
I worked on preparing lessons for the next day. I also went to the post office and got a card that can be used for making telephone calls back to the United States. For a bit more an $8.00 I got a card that gives 2 hours of talking time.

In the evening we had a meeting about our first day experiences. Then I went next door to another restaurant/bar to enjoy a beer with the other adult volunteers. Naj reports she sat out of the balcony for while enjoying the view and then took a nap! By the law of averages we should see some sunshine in Zakopane soon, thus far we've seen too many clouds and rain drops.

No comments: