Monday, April 2, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes

One year ago today we were in the midst of the Mississippi River Spring flood. See here for what I wrote on April 2, 2011. Today I walked to the nearby Caribou Coffee Shop to meet a student for a conference -- hey why have both of us drive to the campus and pay to park when we can do this, and it makes the trip about 4 miles shorter for her too!

When coming back home I noticed that spring has appeared in the flower boxes.

I really like pansies. I think they have a little face that says, "I'm doing the best I can to bring beauty into the world."

Decided to walk through the Cybercafe [in my building] and out the door along the river. I noticed barges have arrived and are tied up nearby.

I think they came yesterday for my last view along the river showed only action on the Lower Landing, whereas our area is called is called the Upper Landing.

And what can say spring more than the emerging crop of dandelions!

Hope you enjoy seeing early spring in Saint Paul. Ever so much nicer than the flood season of last year!

No comments: