Saturday, April 2, 2011

Flood News 7

My older daughter and I took a walk late yesterday afternoon and we could see that the river is beginning to fall just a bit.
The river is expected to fall about four feet in the next few days and then rise with a second crest by the end of next week, just about as the same level as we experienced for the first crest.

Our walk took us in the down the river direction, my first exploration by foot in the area. Usually I've gone upstream to the High Bridge area to see the marking on the bridge pier.

We quickly found a trail on which we couldn't continue.
The fence to nowhere!
This didn't surprise me as much as the next view.

Sculpture Trail

This view is about 100 feet more down the river trail. This normally is a trail on which one walks past sculptures of birds. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can show a before and after view of this trail.

The weather is staying quite cool, so the final snow melt will be slow. Hope to see real spring soon!

No comments: