Friday, April 22, 2011

Flood News 10 -- and other stuff!

At last the river level is beginning to go back to normal. This has been a very long flood stage. It will indeed be interesting to see what the area looks like that has been covered by water for nearly a month. Perhaps because it is still so early in the spring, plants and trees will bounce back. Yesterday someone asked me if the roads around here were back to normal and I said, "No, because the river isn't back to normal."

I'm leaving for Poland and Hungary next week. so I expect I will not see "normal" until I return. 

So many things happened this week that I anticipated. I had a day of workshops and meetings at the University of Minnesota and had envisioned how nice it would be to walk about the campus on a lovely spring day. Well, we all were bound up in our coats trying to keep warm under cloudy skies accompanied by a very stiff cold wind.

Yesterday we had the End of Program Presentations by our graduate students. This is always a happy, celebratory day, but again hampered by rainy, cloudy weather. I told people I am going to be glad to fly north next week and find sunshine and warm weather.

No comments: