Friday, April 8, 2011

Maybe Spring ? Version 2

All around I saw signs of people celebrating the advent of spring -- that's all that can celebrate right now. We don't yet even have a blade of new green grass. I've been wearing sandals for two days -- at the request of my colleagues who regard my penchant for wearing open toed shoes in from April to November as bold. Today at the nail shop I heard a customer say she wasn't going to have her toe nails polished because she wasn't going to wear sandals until May. I was feeling quite smug with my sandals and painted toe nails! Then I saw three high school girls in tank tops, shorts, and flip-flops.

I stopped for lunch and as I was walking into the cafe, a father and young son walked out with father saying, "Oh, isn't this great weather." Then I heard another customer in the cafe say she was going out for her first run of the season. Well, I've document two marthons, one on January and one in March on the blog, so others have been running.

However, it is nice to be out in sandals, and not wearing a winter coat!

No comments: