Saturday, November 1, 2008

Adventures in Learning

Today is a very special day in Poland when families visit cemetaries and honor their lost members. One of the things an American quickly learns is how different are Polish cemetaries from the average American cemetary. This picture shows the beauty of the old cemetary in Zakopane. I invite you click on this photo so that it opens up larger and you can see the detail.

One time while visiting Warsaw I ran into a weekend of very rainy weather. I had a half day before departing to the airport, so decided to walk through the cemetary near my hotel. I was totally fascinated by the beauty and history I found there, but with my American view, it seemed like an odd way to spend a morning. Upon returning home I happened onto visiting this cemetary as one of the top 10 things to do while visiting Warsaw!

No comments: