Monday, January 5, 2009

Working in a New Place

I'm writing from my new work office. It's on the third floor of an office building and my windows overlook an empty lot, which is right now beautiful with untouched snow. It faces south so was bright with sunlight when I arrived this morning, and almost too warm due to the sunshine. Now that the sun has moved on its path today, I can really tell the difference in the office temperature. I think it will be fine in the summer, too, for by then the sun will be much higher in the sky and not shine in the windows. Once I get settled, this is going to be a lovely office.

P.S. For the first time in a very long time, it was hard to go home. It just seemed so nice at work. The only problem is that I can't get a chair to fit right. Well, in a couple of days I'll ask for an ergonomic consult. Just about have all the pictures hung and it will seem like home soon.

No comments: