Friday, September 11, 2009

More driving around

Out my windows I see a green space, then Shephard Road and then two railroad tracks. Actually the tracks are quite hidden right now by trees. Behind the tracks is a large wall, maybe 75 feet high. It is actually a reinforced bluff for the Mississippi River valley. The valley here is quite large, perhaps 3/4 mile wide, left over from the glacial days. I have been wondering what were the buildings on the top of the bluff. Then this morning I saw a Catholic sister walking about on the top of the bluff. After work I decided to go for a bit of drive to see what is on top of the bluff. I found it is the hospice operated by the Little Sisters of the Poor. A bit to the left is an old Victorian red brick house that is currently being renovated. So that's what is across the valley, and these seem to very nice neighbors.

No comments: