Friday, May 28, 2010

Images of the Day

When one is a foreigner, there are many things one doesn't understand.

But this really has me stumped. I don't know where it came from nor why it's there. It is too large to be a personal umbrella and doesn't match any outdoor cafe from which it could have blown.

For three days I'm attending a conference on caring for migrants and ethnic minorities in Europe. This conference is being held at the Faculty of Medicine. What a difference 3 months make. This is the same place that I ventured in mid-February on a  dark cold rainy/snowy night. I was so nervous. Now the roses are blooming, and in the early evening I'm standing at the bus stop with people from many different countries explaining how they get to various destinations in Pecs. More about the conference at another time.

No comments: