Thursday, June 10, 2010

World Cup Comes to Pecs

I've really kept myself nailed to the computer much of the afternoon and early evening trying to get a presentation ready about living in Hungary for the language camp in Poland. Early this morning when I was out on errands, there was a lot of equipment for getting to the tops of buildings as well as lot of lights up on the corner by McDonalds. I decided to take a walk just at dusk to see what might have happened today. Can't find any new lights but some of the equipment is still there.

Walking back I noticed  TV monitor right at the sidewalk cafe edge at the Cool E Lite cafe -- where I've been drinking my way through the lemonade menu one at a time. I asked if the monitor was for the World Cup and the answer was "Yahes"

We hardly notice the World Cup in the United States.

No comments: